All bikes will be checked for compliance with the UCI’s regulations. If your bike is not in compliance you can still race and will be given a time, but your result will not be counted in the UGFWS qualifying results or the OCUP rankings.
Note: A Commissaire will be available for a bike measurement pre-check and the good people from Velofix will be at the start line in Thornbury 2hrs before start time (3 p.m.). The mechanics can assist in making adjustments to help bring your bike into compliance and will be available until the last rider starts.
If you have never had your bicycle checked for compliance for UCI regulations, attend the 3 p.m. session.
All riders must present themselves for checks on their bicycles no later than 15 minutes before their start time.
For the Time Trial here is a brief summary of what is normally checked as we are aiming to adhere to the UCI standards
- The minimum weight of the bike shall be 6.8 kilograms (without bottles)
- The peak of the saddle shall be a minimum of 5 cm to the rear of a vertical plane passing through the bottom bracket spindle. For morphological reasons, the rider may request to place the peak of his saddle up to 0cm from the bottom bracket axle.
- For time trials, a fixed extension may be added to the steering system; in this instance, the height difference between the elbow support points and the highest and lowest points of the handlebar extension (including gear levers in the most vertical position) must be less than 10 cm.
- The distance between the vertical line passing through the bottom bracket axle and the extremity of the handlebar may not exceed 75 cm. For morphological reasons, the rider may request to place the extensions up to 80cm from the bottom bracket axle. In any case, the rider must choose between positioning the saddle to 0cm, or place the extensions up to 80cm, because only one morphological exception is granted.
- For a rider who is 190cm tall or taller, it is possible to place the extensions up to 85cm. In that case, it is necessary to present itself to the Commissaires’ Panel sufficiently in advance before the start of the race, in order that the Commissaires proceed to a verification of the size of the rider.
- The plane passing through the highest points at the front and rear of the saddle shall be horizontal. The length of the saddle shall be 24 cm minimum and 30 cm maximum
- For the saddle tilt, it is allowed up to nine degrees of tilt
- Gear restrictions will be in effect for Junior categories.