Riders are free to wear any jersey they want in the qualifier events.
Exceptions to this rule:
- Reigning World Champions are obliged to wear their official jersey in UGFWS qualifier events
Mechanical assistance is provided at the start and finish area.
For the Time Trial, riders can’t be followed by a car with a mechanic.
Timekeeping and ranking
The event is timed for all the participants, during the whole course. Timekeeping will provide an overall final ranking, a ranking for women and another for men.
Event Specific Rules
- If you arrive late for your start time, you will be allowed to start your race, at the direction of the Commissaire only.
- If a rider catches up to another, he/she is strictly forbidden from drafting behind the lead rider. Riders must remain at least 25 meters laterally between each other during passing, which starts 25 meters before on the approach, and 25 meters afterwards. After 1 km, the rider caught up shall ride at least 25 meters away from the other. If necessary, the Commissaire shall force the riders to leave the 2-meter lateral gap and the distance of 25 meters respectively, Failure to do so may result in a time penalty.
- Riders may not warm up on the course after the event starts.
- The Yellow Line Rule will be strictly enforced (even when there is no yellow line marked on the road)
- In order to keep the event safe, you must, stay on the right side of the road. Any rider caught crossing the center line may be disqualified and eliminated from the race. If you are removed from the race and ignore the instruction to do so, you may be subject to further penalties.
- In case of lightning, the race may be delayed or cancelled. If you are informed that the race has been stopped due to lightning, you are advised to seek shelter until the race can resume. If the race is cancelled, there will be no refund issued.
- For your safety, if you withdraw from the event for any reason, you must inform the nearest Commissaire that you are no longer racing. Any unreported DNF may result in a severe penalty.
- The races will be held under the rules of the UCI GFWS.
- The penalty scale of the UCI rulebook will be applicable.
- All Non-OCA members must sign a Cycling Canada Waiver at registration or they will not be allowed to start.
- Races will start promptly at the indicated start times.
- There will not be a team managers meeting.
- There will not be any team vehicles permitted on the course.
- Awards will be presented according to the published schedule. Top-3 finishers are required to attend award presentations or risk forfeiting their awards. Riders must wear their competition uniforms for the presentation.
- Radio communication is not permitted between riders and anyone else
- There shall be no parking on race course
- Photographers must obey traffic laws; do not obstruct traffic
- The use of glass containers is strictly prohibited during the race.